June 17, 2009

My Favorite (27 second) Video Clip of all Time

Over the years we have built a large collection of video clips and podcasts of entrepreneurs, VCs, and other luminaries who speak at Stanford's Entrepreneurial Thought Leader seminar series. But, one clip always sticks out as my favorite. It is only 27 seconds long, but captures the essence of entrepreneurship. It is Vinod Khosla, co-founder of Sun Microsystems and a successful venture capitalist, filmed in 2002. In this clip, Vinod talks about turning problems into opportunities. I show this clip in almost every talk I give and at the beginning of every class I teach. I hope you will enjoy it, too. And, remember, every big problem is a big opportunity... if you don't have a big problem, you don't have a big opportunity.

No comments: